I made cake!

Sunday 30 March 2014




What‘s best then baking a cake on a Spring rainy Sunday? I made a carrot cake with no icing (just to lighten up on the calories!!)

This is a simple recipe that I hope will soon become a favorite, enjoy!

What you need

2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (I do not like cinnamon therefore I did not use it)
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 pinch salt
4 large eggs
1-1/3 cups peanut oil (I used soy oil)
3 cups shredded carrots (about 6 medium)
1 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins (optional)  (Instead I’ve add half cup of almonds)

 
Before you start : Preheat oven to 180°. Butter a round cake pan.

Lets Make It! In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. In a large bowl,whisk the eggs lightly to combine, and then whisk in the oil. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in the carrots and pecans, and the raisins/almonds, if using. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean. Cool in pans on rack for 5 minutes (I normally open the oven and leave the cake inside to cool down.





and this is the result!
 

6 comments :

  1. oh... it looks so gourmand... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, I do not like cinnamon either ;-) but this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cake ^_^

    XoXo
    Mary
    New Post-> http://www.modidimoda-mapi.blogspot.it/2014/03/tru-trussardi-napoli-do-you-know-gaia.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. è veramente buona!!!!! quando la rifai???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. molto presto! ma sei sicuro che non preferisci quella con le albicocche? ;-)

      Delete